If you have an eating disorder, you may believe that being thin is the key to being happy, or that if you can control what you eat, you’ll be able to control your life.
Overcoming an eating disorder involves finding out who you really are beyond your eating habits, weight, and body image. It also involves learning to recognise and deal with your emotions in healthy ways, rather than using food.
Counselling can help you on your road to recovery.
With the help of your counsellor you can:
- Understand the causes of your eating issues.
- Look at the thoughts, feelings and behaviours that maintain the cycle.
- Identify emotional triggers; gain insight and understanding.
- Improve your eating habits, self image and inner strength.
- Discover your own coping strategies to enable you start seeing your worth beyond your weight.